Rules and Regulations for Use of Certification & Accreditation Mark
Use of IAPL Management System Mark, Logos and Symbols
A company certified by Impartial Assessments Pvt. Ltd. (IAPL) may use the IAPL logo on company letterheads and literature, subject to the conditions below:
(A) Use of the symbols on stationary or other media shall not be used by a certified client unless the use relates in whole or in part to certification endorsed by IAPL.
Note: Clients where IAPL has certified subsidiaries, divisions, departments or offices of a company and not the company as a whole is most affected by this requirement. Clients must exercise care in the use of certification logo and marks to ensure no misrepresentation of scope for which certification is granted.
(B) The symbol shall not be used on a product, packing, packaging, laboratory test, calibration or inspection reports or certificates or tests reports from test or in any way that may be interpreted to denote product conformity.
(C) Use of certification marks to indicate that a product has been made under a certified management system e.g. quality management system.
(D) The Mark may only be reproduced in a single colour which is unlimited, but where practical should conform to existing preprinted stationery, brochures, letterheads or other promotional materials of the Company.
(E) Since product packaging is considered as that which can be removed without the product disintegrating or being damaged. Accompanying information is considered as separately available or easily detachable. Type labels or identification plates are considered as part of the product. Client can use any statement on product packaging material that client has certified management system. The statement shall in no way imply that the product, process or service is certified anyway. The statement shall include:
• Identification like brand name of the Client
• The type of management system certified
• The name of IAPL which is issuing the certificate
(F) The Client Company can use the logo in the same color combination as specified or in any single.
Use of Accreditation Body and/or IAF Marks, Logos and Symbols
1. Accreditation Body / IAF logo can be used only when the client's SCOPE is covered under any valid accreditation of IAPL, Except ONAC Accreditation.
2. The logo shall not be used in any way that it misleads the reader about the accredited status of the certification body or the certified body.
3. The accreditation body's including IAF logo shall not be used on the packaging of a product, labels, publicity material, and written announcements etc, that in any way suggest that the accreditation body has certified or approved any product, process or service of the certified body or in any other misleading manner.
4. The logo shall not be displayed on vehicles except in publicity material like part of a large advertisement (ONAC Accredited Logo still NOT Permitted).
5. The logo shall not be displayed on buildings and flags.
6. The logo shall not be used on the visiting cards.
Rules & Regulation (Accreditation Body specific) for use of Accreditation Body and/or IAF Marks, Logos and Symbols:
1. ONAC Accredited Certification: ONAC accredited symbol and/or reference to the condition of accredited is NOT permitted to be used under any circumstances & in any manner (e.g. in publications, advertising, commercial or transactional documents etc). ONAC limit the logo use to the CAB (Conformity Assessment Body) ONLY.
Discontinuation of IAPL Certification Logo, Accreditation Body and / or IAF Logo
1. A client certified by IAPL shall discontinue the use of the IAPL certification logo, Accreditation Body and / or IAF mark immediately when any of the following conditions exist:
2. A lapse of certification, suspension or withdrawn.
3. The client has made a change to his management system e.g. Quality Management System which has not been accepted by IAPL, and which could reasonably be expected to affect the client's qualification for certification.
4. The client has failed to implement a change to the system requirements issued by IAPL.
5. Any other circumstances, which arise, which could reasonably be expected to adversely affect the client's Management System certified by IAPL, as identified in the contract agreement.
Misuse and Penalty
Misuse of IAPL certification logo, Accreditation Body and / or IAF mark would lead to corrective action, withdrawal of certification, publication of the transgression and, if necessary, other legal action.